- Scholarly Publishing in the Digital Library of the Caribbean ( dLOC )
- Series Title:
- Library Publishing Toolkit
- Physical Description:
- Book chapter
- Taylor, Laurie N.
Santamaría- Wheeler, Lourdes
Sullivan, Mark V.
- SUNY Geneseo: IDS Project Press
- Place of Publication:
- Geneseo, NY
- Publication Date:
- Subjects / Keywords:
- Digital Publishing
Digital Library of the Caribbean ( dLOC )
- IN THIS CHAPTER: Theme: Collaboration to develop a platform & system to digitize, curate and publish archival and original material; Highlighted Service: Hosting & management of archival materials, journals and other resources; Resources: Examples of and references to robust tools and methods of digitization & online publication management
- General Note:
- Library Publishing Toolkit, ed. Allison P. Brown. Geneseo: IDS Project Press, 2013. http://opensuny.org/omp/index.php/IDSProject/catalog/book/25
- Preferred Citation:
- Laurie N. Taylor, Brooke Wooldridge, Lourdes Santamaria-Wheeler, Mark
Sullivan, Benjamin Hebblethwaite, and Megan Raitano. “Scholarly Publishing in the Digital Library of the Caribbean (dLOC).” Library Publishing Toolkit. <http://www.publishingtoolkit.org/>. Geneseo, NY: Milne Library at SUNY Geneseo and the Monroe County Library System. 2013. <http://www.dloc.com/AA00016370/00001>.
- Source Institution:
- University of Florida
- Holding Location:
- University of Florida
- Rights Management:
This item is licensed with the Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike License. This license lets others remix, tweak, and build upon this work even for commercial reasons, as long as they credit the author and license their new creations under the identical terms.
- System ID:
351 Scholarly Publishing in the Digital Library of the Laurie N. Taylor, Brooke Wooldridge, Lourdes SantamaraWheeler, Mark V. Sullivan, Benjamin Hebblethwaite, & Megan RaitanoUniversity of Florida & Florida International UniversityIN THIS CHAPTERTheme Collaboration to develop a platform & system to digitize, curate and publish archival and original material Highlighted Service Hosting & management of archival materials, journals and other resources Resources Examples of and references to robust tools and methods of digitization & online publication management T 1
352 and and
353 The partners created a sustainability plan to leverage capacity, minimize ongoing costs, develop a full business model, and create funding plans to ensure dLOC could continue with minimal funding and could best utilize all funding available.
354 dLOC Publishing Overview 5 Re-born Digital Publishing and Digital Acquisition and others.
355 Scholarly Curated Digital Collections and Exhibits and
356 Conclusion: Digital Scholarly Publishing and Alternative Scholarly Works Acting as both a digital library and digital publishing system provides an exponentially greater return on investment, enriches and expands library collections, expands opportunities for scholar collaboration and engagement... End Notes see and.. see
357 .5 References 22 and
358 Appendix: dLOC Links to Collections, Exhibits, and Publications Mentioned